Addition Word Problems - Adding Single Digit Numbers
Addition Word Problems for single digit numbers
Addition word problems - Adding single digit Numbers : Addition word problems for single digit numbers will help kids to understand basic concept of addition in real-life. Several cases are given as word problems to enhance their ability to combine 1-digit numbers.
More addition Word Problems for single digit numbers
- Mary is 6 years old. John, Mary’s elder brother is 3 years older than Mary.
How old is John?
- I live with my junior sister in one room. I have 6 pair of shoes. My sister has just 4 pairs.
How many pair of shoes are there in our room data-pin-nopin="true" altogether?
- A cartoon contains 6 large eggs and 4 small eggs.
How many eggs are there in the cartoon?
- When we were travelling for a tour to town last week, we were just 3 in number (mum, dad, and I).
Suddenly, Uncle Charles, Aunty Rose and her 2 kids rushed to join us, so that we could travel together.
Therefore, how many people travelled in all for the tour?
- This month so far, James has played three matches during the first match, he scored 3 goals, in the second match, he scored just 2 goals.
During the third match, he scored only 1 good.
So how many goals has he scored this month data-pin-nopin="true" altogether?
- Before school resumes, Myra needs 2 math’s books, 1 English book, 1 French book and 3 extra books.
How many books does Myra need in all?
- The talented artist from Ghana was surprised to see 6 other talented artist at the show.
How many talented artists were there at the show?
- Kelvin has 3 pens, while Charles has 4 pens. After the end of course exams, Kelvin gives all his pens to Charles.
How many pens does Charles have now?
- Helen always cut 1 orange into 4 slices. Yesterday she bought 3 oranges, and as usual, sliced, all of them into 4 slices each.
How many slices of orange were there in all?
- Anybody that wore a dirty uniform yesterday was pulled out of class and punished. There were 5 boys and 4 girls.
How many pupils wore dirty uniforms?