Mixed Numbers and Fractions Worksheets 6th Grade PDF
6th grade mixed numbers and fractions exercises with answers
Mixed numbers and fractions worksheets 6th grade pdf are helpful to enable kid’s easy understanding of value of fractions. Our 6th grade mixed numbers and fractions exercises with answers are however made up of stimulating models guiding kids to visually see and perceive the relationship between the numerator and the denominator.
One of such amazing models is fractions on number line. Here, it will be interesting for kids to notice that fraction is a number that comes between two whole numbers. Thus an amazing strategy to easily understand how to add, subtract, multiply and divide partial numbers.
Significantly, these activities are remarkable as they’ve provided 6th graders with accurate procedures useful to build a conceptual understanding of fraction sizes. Similarly, our compare fractions with like and unlike denominators exercise is a perfect strategy to enhance kids understanding of greater, less or equal fractions.
6th GRADE MATH PRINTABLES
ALL 6th GRADE WORKSHEETS FOR DAILY PRACTICE
- Resource Type : Printables, Math Centers
Format : Zip | 834 pages
2000+ Questions with Solutions
- Price : $75
FREE 6th GRADE ONLINE PRACTICE
6th GRADE MATH ONLINE PRACTICE
- Numbers theory word problems
- Addition and subtraction word problems
- Multiplication word problems
- Division word problems
- Fractions and mixed numbers word problems
- Operations with integers word problems
- Solving and estimation word problems
See all 6th Grade skills
(1000+ math exercices online)
Important facts about mixed numbers and fractions worksheets for grade 6
Best strategies easy comparing fractions – equal; greater or less
There are two best strategies easy comparing fractions – equal; greater or less.
Equal fractions comparing – This is the easiest form of comparing fractions. You simply need to note that the numerators and the denominators of the two fractions are equal.
Greater or less comparing fractions – There are two simple strategies that can be used to find out which of the two fractions is greater, and which is less. These two strategies are:
- Fractions with same denominators: if the denominators of the two fractions are the same, then the larger fraction is the one with the larger numerator, while the smaller fraction is the one with smaller numerator. 9/16 ˃ 5/16
- Fractions with unlike denominators: To compare fractions with unlike denominators, you need to find the least common denominator (LCD). When the denominators are the same, it will thus be easy for you to determine greater, less or equal fraction.
It is for this reason that 6th grade mixed numbers and fractions exercises with answers have provided kids with easy tricks of how to find the least common denominators.
Moreover, this way, knowledge of fractions will greatly to enhance kid’s number sense skills.
Fun ways to relate kid’s mixed numbers and fractions sense with real life situations
Fractions is a very important concept useful in math and in our everyday lives. As a matter of fact, our 6th grade mixed numbers and fractions exercises with answers have provided fun ways to relate kid’s mixed numbers and fractions sense with real life situations.
One of these fun ways is fractions as division - word problems. As kid’s love stories, we have formulated exciting stories that will captivate kid’s interest and of course enable them to solve problems in a very simple way. So, whether in solving a mathematical problem, telling time or cooking at home, your 6th graders will become experts to determine what part of a whole he has, or may need.