Grade 3 Triangles and Quadrilaterals Worksheets Pdf - Classifying Triangles Worksheets 3rd Grade
Properties of triangles and quadrilaterals worksheet Pdf
Grade 3 triangles and quadrilaterals worksheets pdf have been created to help 3rd graders learn about the properties of different shapes considering their sides and angles. As such, our objectives are geared toward kids having an enjoyable time and quick access to classifying triangles worksheets 3rd grade and properties of triangles and quadrilaterals worksheets pdf.
Before we proceed, kids need to know precisely what a triangle and quadrilateral are;
- A triangle is a closed figure with three straight sides and three angles.
- A quadrilateral is a closed shape with four straight sides and four angles.
- The sum of all the interior angles of a quadrilateral is 360°.
Being a simple polygon, triangles are particularly important as understanding their properties allows for a deeper study of larger polygons. Hence, identifying different triangles becomes a foundation for higher math learning.
3rd GRADE MATH PRINTABLES
Shortcuts for quickly identifying different triangles
In our classifying triangles worksheets 3rd grade are excellent shortcuts for quickly identifying different triangles.
- Firstly, a triangle with one angle of measure 900is known as a right triangle,
- A triangle with all three angles less than 900 is known as an acute
- A triangle with one angle more significant than 900 is known as an obtuse
- A triangle with three equal sides is known as an equilateral triangle
- A triangle with two equal sides is known as an isosceles
- A triangle with three different sides is known as a scalene
Equally, note that the sum of any two sides of a triangle is always more significant than the third side.
Easy tips for a fast understanding of different types of quadrilaterals
As your kids engage in our super easy properties of quadrilaterals worksheets pdf, they will obtain easy tips for a fast understanding of different types of quadrilaterals.
First of all, you’ve got to note that there exist five different types of quadrilaterals, namely;
Rectangle, square, parallelogram, rhombus, and trapezium.
- A rectangle is a quadrilateral with four right angles. Also, the opposite sides of a rectangle are parallel and equal, and diagonals bisect each other.
- A square is a quadrilateral with four equal sides and angles. It can also be seen as a rectangle with two adjacent equal sides.
- A parallelogram is a quadrilateral whose two opposite sides are parallel. Its opposite angles are equal, and the diagonals bisect each other.
- A rhombus is a quadrilateral whose all four sides are equal in length, and opposite sides are parallel.
- A trapezium has only one pair of parallel sides.